ICOMOS Europe group meeting and ICOMOS Europe group/ISC20C/Nordic-Baltic conference
18.-22. June in Estonia
Call for abstracts
ICOMOS Estonia NC, ISC20c and ICOMOS Nordic-Baltic section cordially invite ICOMOS members to Estonia in June 2023 to the ICOMOS Europe Group and Nordic-Baltic meetings and public conference “Challenges of 20th Century Heritage” accompanied by a study tour. Online participation is enabled for the meeting and conference.
17.06 Saturday Sightseeing in Tallinn on individual agreements,
18.06 Sunday 12:00 Sightseeing in Tallinn Old Town;
17:00 Tour in Nõmme suburb;
18:00 Welcome drinks in Nõmme
Europe and Nordic-Baltic group meeting Part I (Ukraine/ Heritage alerts)
Tallinn 20th century heritage tour
20.06 Tuesday. Early morning departure to Tartu by bus (185 km)
12.00 Seminar “20th century heritage” in Tartu University Library.
– dissonant monuments and memorial buildings
– 20th century heritage as ecological footprint and resource
Special session on Nordic-Baltic dissonant heritage
(deadline of abstracts 20. March, see below)
Tours in Tartu
20:00 Departure to Vidrike (close to Otepää, 50 km from Tartu)
10:00 EG meeting Part II
12-15 Nordic-Baltic session in Hellenurme dedicated to the common challenge in the protection of historical industrial heritage
15:00 Kääriku, Kobela, Otepää 20th century heritage.
20:00 Midsummer programme – Võro and Seto Intangible Heritage
22.06 Thursday Tour 20th century heritage in rural areas, end in Tallinn at 19:00.
Please note: Participation fee 220 euros for the program and accommodation 20.-22.06
Call for abstracts:
Seminar “20th century heritage” in Tartu University Library.
– dissonant post-war monuments and memorial buildings
– young/recent (concrete) heritage as ecological resource
– special session on Nordic-Baltic dissonant Heritage
- Deadline for the abstract is March 30th.
- Abstract: 300 words + short bio
- Please send the abstract to email@example.com
- Priority is given to presenters who will participate at the seminar in situ